|U.S. House, California, District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Jersey City, NJ|
Dennis' campaign website lists the following issues:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
—John Dennis' campaign website, http://www.johndennisforcongress.com/issues
Dennis' campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Racism is the lowest form of social discourse and interaction. Governments have historically institutionalized racism through legal preference and advantages to certain groups, at the expense of others."
- Liberty & Privacy
- Excerpt: "The Constitution was written to restrict the actions of the government, not individuals. That is why we call ours a limited government. Unfortunately, American political vocabulary is filled with a lexicon of different types of liberty: civil liberty, economic liberty, sexual liberty, financial liberty, etc."
- Excerpt: "In government financing, it is spending that counts. That’s not to say that taxes don’t matter; nothing could be farther from the truth. But spending is critical to contain because governments, especially when they control money creation as is the case in the U.S., will finance spending through borrowing or the printing press (inflation). Inflation is especially dangerous because it is a back door tax that eats away purchasing power now and for some time to come."
- Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "War must be used only in retaliation or under threat of imminent attack. When, as a nation, we make a decision to go to war the men and woman in our armed services will lose life and limb. Our defenders put their lives at risk when they take an oath to serve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
- Federal Reserve
- Excerpt: "The Federal Reserve made the bailouts of banks and insurance companies possible, in spite of the overwhelming public demand against doing so. Now more Americans are learning how the Federal Reserve— a public/private bank cartel — works, and why it’s time to rethink our monetary system."
Dennis is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 12th District. Dennis is seeking election as a Republican candidate in the blanket primary on June 3, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
October 2012 Campaign Ad
Dennis ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 12th District. He and district 8 incumbent Nancy Pelosi (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating David Peterson (D), Summer Justice Shields (D), Americo Artura Diaz (D) and Barry Hermanson (G). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Pelosi won.
|U.S. House, California District 12 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Nancy Pelosi Incumbent||85.1%||253,709|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 12, 2012 - John Dennis Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$2,300,344|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$2,001,648|
|Top contributors to John Dennis's campaign committee|
|Hall Equities Group||$2,500|
|Alexander J Salamon, CPA||$1,070|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$8,070|
|Misc Manufacturing & Distributing||$4,820|
Dennis and his wife, Heather, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Dennis + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 12th Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 12th Congressional District
- Campaign website, accessed March 10, 2014
- CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 15, 2014
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012
- Open Secrets, "John Dennis 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013