For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 101|
|High school||Lebanon High School, 1985|
|Bachelor's||United States Naval Academy, 1990|
|Years of service||December 1999-2003|
|Service branch||US Navy|
|Years of service||1990 to December 1999|
Dissinger served on the Lebanon City Council as vice-chairman for two-years and chairman for one year.
Dissinger earned his B.S. in Engineering from the United States Naval Academy in 1990. His professional experience includes working as a U.S. Customs officer and commercial pilot. He served in the US Navy as a pilot from 1990 until December 1999, when he was Honorably Discharged. He continued his service with Naval Reserve as an Aviation Engineering Duty Officer until 2003.
Dissinger's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Abolish the property tax and the death tax."
- Excerpt: "Strict term limits of 10 years on legislators, and cut their perks."
- Excerpt: "Audit state government annually for waste and fraud."
- Excerpt: "Strictly limit state borrowing and spending."
- Excerpt: "Ease the tax burden on small business."
- Excerpt: "Pass the "Right to Work" law."
- Excerpt: "Enact strict lobbying reform."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Mauree Gingrich defeated John Dissinger in the Republican primary, while Patricia Stephens was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Gingrich defeated Stephens in the general election.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 101 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Mauree Gingrich Incumbent||71.7%||12,138|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 101 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Mauree Gingrich Incumbent||60.4%||2,910|
Dissinger is married and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Dissinger + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 101
- Official campaign website
- John Dissinger on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Pennsylvania Department of State- Official candidate list
- Official campaign website, "Biography," accessed May 8, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Main page," accessed May 8, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 General Election," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |