|Oklahoma Commissioner of Insurance|
|January 10, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Predecessor||Kim Holland (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Oklahoma (1988)|
Following his graduation from the University of Oklahoma, Doak started a branch of the Farmers Insurance Group in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He went on to work as an insurance executive, including corporate positions at Marsh, Aon Risk Services, HNI Risk Services, and Ascension Insurance. He previously served as a member of the Oklahoma Governor’s Round Table for Business Development.
- BA, Political Science, University of Oklahoma, 1988
Oklahoma Commissioner of Insurance (2011-present)
Doak has served as Oklahoma Commissioner of Insurance since January 10, 2011. He was elected to the position on November 2, 2010.
|Oklahoma Commissioner of Insurance, 2010|
|Democratic||Kim Holland Incumbent||45.5%||464,310|
|Election Results Via: Oklahoma State Election Board|
Comprehensive donor information for Doak is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Doak raised a total of $1,274,712 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 13, 2013.
|John Doak's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||OK Insurance Commissioner||$533,088|
|2010||OK Insurance Commissioner||$741,624|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,274,712|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of John Doak's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|John Doak's Campaign Contributions|
Oklahoma Commissioner of Insurance
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$661,725|
|Top 5 contributors||John Doak||$294,600|
|Charles Wood, Jr.||$10,000|
|G.J. Records, Jr.||$6,000|
|Oklahoma Association of Insurance Agents PAC|
and American Fidelity Corp.
|Oklahoma Farm Bureau,|
and American Farmers & Ranchers PAC
Doak and his wife, Debby, live in Tulsa with their two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Doak + Oklahoma + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma Department of Insurance
- Doak's official biography
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- John Doak on LinkedIn
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- LinkedIn, " Profile of John Doak," accessed February 5, 2013
- NewsOK, "Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner John Doak seeks re-election," November 7, 2013
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "November 2010 General Election Results," accessed March 26, 2011
- Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for John Doak," accessed May 13, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
Kim Holland (D)
|Oklahoma Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|