|Nevada State Senate, District 11|
|High school||Chaparral High School, 1979|
|Bachelor's||University of Nevada-Las Vegas, 1985|
Drake is a financial manager, auditor, and accountant who has worked in numerous industries. In 1985, Drake graduated from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas with a bachelor's degree in Accounting and Finance.
In an electronic submission to Ballotpedia, Drake outlined his platform:
"I'm running on a platform that includes reducing crime, preventing tax increases, limiting state-imposed regulations, and promoting less government. As Nevadans, we can no longer ignore the threat of a statewide financial crisis. Diversifying our economy by making it more attractive for industries such as energy and bio-tech to move here will provide leverage during a recession. Revamping the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS), placing a three year moratorium on public utility rate increases, and resurrecting the Yucca Mountain Repository are items at the top of my legislative agenda."
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
Drake ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Senate, District 11. Drake ran unopposed in the June 12 primary election and was defeated by Aaron Ford (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Senate, District 11, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Drake + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Email submission to Ballotpedia, received August 2, 2012.
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Clark County - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- Nevada Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results