John E. Barker
|John E. Barker|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 70|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Barker served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Veterans, Military and Homeland Security|
|• Pensions and Benefits|
|• Local Government|
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Incumbent Mitchel B. "Mike" Denham was unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Barker won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 70. He defeated Doug Lindahl in the August 7 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 70 Republican Primary, 2012|
|John E. Barker||59.4%||2,063|
Comprehensive donor information for Barker is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Barker raised a total of $16,156 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 19, 2013.
|John E. Barker's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 70||$16,156|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,156|
2012Barker won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Barker raised a total of $16,156.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John E. Barker's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$877|
|Total Raised in 2012||$16,156|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
John E. Barker received a score of 65.0% in the 2013 index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Barker + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings with the Office of the Secretary of State," accessed August 21, 2014
- C-SPAN, "Primary Results - May 20th, 2014," accessed May 20, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," accessed July 9, 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Barker, John E.," accessed June 19, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
J. Robert Brookens (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 70
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |