For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Pennsylvania State House District 5|
|2001 - November 30, 2012|
|Years in position||14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, 1984|
|Master's||Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, 1999|
|Date of birth||02/15/1955|
|Place of birth||Meadville, PA|
Evans earned his B.A. in Speech Communications and his M.A. in Communication Studies from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in 1984 and 1999, respectively.
From 1980 to 2000, Evans worked as a Reporter for WJET-TV of Erie, Pennsylvania. He is currently employed as a Communications Specialist for Eric Insurance Group.
Evans joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2001. He has served in that position since, representing the 5th District.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Evans served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Evans served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Commerce Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Rules Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Evans did not run for re-election in 2012.
Evans won re-election to the 5th District seat in 2010. He was unopposed in both the May 18 Republican primary and the November 2 general election.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 5|
|John Evans (R)||14,026||100.0%|
Evans raised $124,965 for his campaign, while Alward raised $2,964.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 5 (2008)|
|John Evans (R)||16,766||64.9%|
|John Alward (D)||9,073||35.1%|
Evans raised $28,200 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania Association for Justice||$3,900|
|Pennsylvania Psychological Association||$1,100|
|Malady, John F||$1,000|
|American Institute of Architects Pennsylvania||$1,000|
|Pennsylvania State Troopers Association||$1,000|
Evans is single.
- John Evans' personal website
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Evans
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- John Evans on Facebook
- John Evans on Twitter
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Pennsylvania House spending, 2008," accessed May 2, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2010 campaign contributors to John Evans
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 5
| Succeeded by|
Greg Lucas (R)
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |