|Kansas House of Representatives District 120|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Faber has been involved with a number of community organizations, including the Brewster Co Op Board, Compassionate Friends, Goodland Co Op Board, and Lutheran Parish of Western Kansas.
Faber refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
His answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 1996 National Political Awareness Test are available.
- H 2206 Amendments to late term and partial birth abortion law. 03/05/2009
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Budget Committee, House of Representatives (Chair)
- Appropriations Committee, House of Representatives
- Transportation and Public Safety Budget Committee, House of Representatives
- Administrative Rules and Regulations Joint Committee, State Legislature
In the August 3rd primary election, Faber was defeated by Republican primary opponent Ward Cassidy (R). Cassidy defeated Faber by a margin of 2,418-1,925. Faber was seeking his eighth term. Cassidy faced Robert Strevey (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Faber was re-elected to the 120th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Robert G. Strevey (D). Faber raised $17,264 for his campaign, while Strevey raised $1,517.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 120|
|John Faber (R)||6,761||72.5%|
|Robert G. Strevey (D)||2,558||27.4%|
In 2008 Faber collected $17,264 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Kansas Medical Society||$750|
|Kansas Association of Insurance Agents||$600|
|National Rifle Association||$500|
|BP North America||$500|
- Kansas Legislature - John Faber (dead link)
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 1998,2002, 2006, 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. John Faber Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Faber Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member (dead link)
- Newcomer ousts longtime incumbent
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Follow the Money, "Kansas 2008 - General Election Results," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 120
| Succeeded by|
Ward Cassidy (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |