|North Carolina House of Representatives District 61|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill|
|Service/branch||U.S. Army Reserve|
|Profession||Real Estate Broker|
Faircloth earned his A.A. and B.S. in Management from Guilford College and his M.S. in Public Affairs from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. His professional experience includes working as the Chief of the Greensboro Police Department from 1975 to 1992 and as the owner of Coldwell Banker Triad from 1994 to 2003. Faircloth served in the U.S. Army Reserve from 1957 to 1969.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Faircloth served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Faircloth served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent John Faircloth was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Ron Weatherford was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Weatherford and Faircloth will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 61, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John Faircloth Incumbent||63.8%||26,465|
On November 2, 2010, Faircloth won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives. Faircloth, with 1,783 votes, defeated three opponents -- Paul Norcross (1,050), Georgia Nixon-Roney (716) and Gerald Grubb (636) in the Republican primary on May 4. Faircloth had no opponent in the November 2 general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 61 (2010)|
|John Faircloth (R)||18,035||100%|
|North Carolina House of Representatives May 4 Primary, District 61, 2010|
|John Faircloth (R)||1,783|
|Paul Norcross (R)||1,050|
|Georgia Nixon-Roney (R)||716|
|Gerald Grubb (R)||636|
Comprehensive donor information for Faircloth is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Faircloth raised a total of $49,655 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|John Faircloth's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 61||$33,144|
|2010||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 61||$16,511|
|Grand Total Raised||$49,655|
2012Faircloth won re-election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Faircloth raised a total of $33,144.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Faircloth's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|United Furniture Industries Pac||$1,500|
|North Carolina Home Builders Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$33,144|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Faircloth currently resides in High Point, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Faircloth + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012, 2010
- Official Campaign Website: About John Faircloth
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official North Carolina General Election Results- November 2, 2010," accessed June 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Faircloth, John," accessed August 30, 2013
|North Carolina House - District 61
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |