|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Tenth Worcester|
|2007 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Massachusetts-Amherst|
|J.D.||Suffolk University, 1982|
|Birthday||November 16, 1952|
|Place of birth||Milford, Massachusetts|
Fernandes served on the Milford Board of Selectmen from 1975 to 1978.
Fernandes' professional experience includes working as an attorney in private practice.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fernandes served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Financial Services Joint, Vice-chair|
|• Tourism, Arts and Cultural Development Joint|
|• Transportation Joint|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fernandes served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Children, Families and Persons with Disabilities Joint, Vice-chair|
|• Judiciary Joint|
|• Rules Joint|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Fernandes served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Elder Affairs Joint|
|• Judiciary Joint|
|• Transportation Joint|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent John Fernandes is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Christopher Kivior faces Mark Reil, Jr. in the Republican primary.
Fernandes won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Tenth Worcester District. Fernandes was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Tenth Worcester District (2010)|
|John Fernandes (D)||10,176|
Fernandes raised $42,213 for his campaign.
|Massachusetts State House of Representatives, Tenth Worcester (2008)|
|John V. Fernandes (D)||14,476|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Fernandes received $950 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Fernandes's campaign in 2010|
|Richard E Neal Massachusetts PAC||$500|
|Casey, Cynthia A||$200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$950|
Fernandes raised $42,213 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Pamela M. Delaney||$500|
|Frank C. Romano Jr.||$500|
|Margaret A. Chianese||$500|
|Kevin P. Meehan||$500|
|Richard L. Rizoli||$500|
Fernandes has served as a member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Massachusetts Bar Association, Milford Bar Association, Milford Chamber of Commerce, Milford Portuguese Club, and the Milford Rotary Club.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term John + Fernandes + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Fernandes' website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Fernandes
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2008 - General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Worcester 10
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |