|Iowa House of Representatives District 40|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Forbes's professional experience includes owning and operating a Medicap Pharmacy.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Forbes served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Local Government|
|• Ways and Means|
Forbes' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||My focus in the Iowa legislature is on job creation, the environment, access to healthcare - including mental health services, quality education and veterans affairs.||”|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent John Forbes was unopposed in the Democratic primary and faced Ronda Bern (R) in the general election. Bern filed to run on July 1, 2014. Incumbent Forbes defeated Bern in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 40, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||John Forbes Incumbent||55.5%||7,219|
Forbes ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 40. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012, and defeated Mike Brown (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Lance Horbach (R) did not seek re-election.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 40, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Forbes is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Forbes raised a total of $130,321 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|John Forbes's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 40||$130,321|
|Grand Total Raised||$130,321|
2012Forbes won election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Forbes raised a total of $130,321.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Forbes's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$66,880|
|Iowa Pharmacy Association||$3,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers District 431||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$130,321|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Forbes and his wife, Cindy, have two children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Forbes + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 40
- Iowa State Legislature
- Profile from the Iowa House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- John Forbes on Facebook
- John Forbes on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- forbes4iowahouse.com, "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 8, 2014
- forbes4iowahouse.com, "Issues," accessed September 26, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 23, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Forbes, John," accessed September 19, 2013
Lance Horbach (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 40
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |