|Iowa House of Representatives District 40|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Forbes's professional experience includes owning and operating a Medicap Pharmacy.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Forbes served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Local Government|
|• Ways and Means|
Forbes' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Restoring partnership and civility"
- Excerpt:"Business improvement and job expansion"
- Excerpt:"Service excellence within our financial means"
- Excerpt:"Quality medical care with judicious accountability"
- Excerpt:"Student, teacher and parent partnership for 21st century achievement"
- Excerpt:"Protecting our shared natural heritage"
Forbes ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 40. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated Mike Brown (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Lance Horbach (R) did not seek re-election.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 40, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Forbes is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Forbes raised a total of $130,321 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|John Forbes's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 40||$130,321|
|Grand Total Raised||$130,321|
2012Forbes won election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Forbes raised a total of $130,321.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Forbes's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$66,880|
|Iowa Pharmacy Association||$3,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers District 431||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$130,321|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Forbes and his wife, Cindy, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Forbes + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Why Ted Cruz Needs a Lesson in GOP History - RealClearPolitics
- *** UPDATED x1 *** OfficeMax react - The Capitol Fax Blog (blog)
- Obama Income Inequality Speech Previews a 2016 Democratic Split - Daily Beast
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More - Sacramento Bee
- Show Me The Money - Forbes
- Enriquez, Visco: Tax deduction benefits BP in blast settlement - Houston Chronicle
- Help! There's Cinnabon in My Vodka - Daily Beast
- Blackwater's Terror War Apostate - Daily Beast
- David Copperfield's Magical?and Utterly Bizarre?Caribbean Island - Daily Beast
- Rep. Forbes's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- John Forbes on Facebook
- John Forbes on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
Lance Horbach (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 40
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |