|John Gary Faulkner|
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 5|
|January 7, 2014 - Present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 26, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
Faulkner won election in the special election for Mississippi House of Representatives District 5. The seat was vacant following Kelvin Buck's (D) election as Mayor of Holly Springs. Faulkner faced Andre R. DeBerry, Arthur "Clyde" Ellzey, Daylon Cannon, Lee Edward Gill, Jacqueline Simon and Robert Earl Young in the special election, which took place on November 5, 2013. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the votes, the top two vote-getters - Faulkner and DeBerry - met in a runoff on November 26, which Faulkner won.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 5, Runoff Election, 2013|
|Independent||Andre R. DeBerry||46%||863|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Faulkner + Mississippi + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- blogs.clarionledger.com, "Bryant sets date for three House special elections," July 22, 2013
- sos.ms.gov, "Official candidate list," accessed October 8, 2013
- tribtown.com, "Runoffs for 2 Mississippi House seats; Deaton wins Vicksburg-based House post," November 6, 2013
- clarionledger.com, "Miss. Elections: Anderson wins House District 110, Faulkner wins House District 5," November 27, 2013
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed February 21, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official runoff election results," accessed February 21, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 5
| Succeeded by|
Kelvin Buck (D)
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |