|New Jersey State Senate District 35|
|Assistant Majority Leader, New Jersey State Senate|
|Majority Whip, New Jersey State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2007|
|New Jersey General Assembly|
|Bachelor's||Seton Hall University, 1969|
|Master's||St. Johns University, 1972|
|Service/branch||United States Army National Guard|
|Years of service||1970-1976|
|Date of birth||August 8, 1947|
|Place of birth||Paterson, NJ|
He was also served as the Deputy Majority Leader in the New Jersey General Assembly in 1990.
Girgenti earned his B.A. in Political Science from Seton Hall University and his M.A. in Government and Public Administration from St. John's University. He served as a Sergeant in the United States Army National Guard from 1970 to 1976.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Girgenti was appointed to these committees:
- Law and Public Safety and Veterans' Affairs, Chair
- Judiciary, Vice-Chair
- Wagering, Tourism & Historic Preservation
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
On April 5, 2011, Girgenti announced he would not seek re-election in 2011. On April 5, 2011, Girgenti announced he would not seek re-election in 2011. During the redistricting process, Girgenti's hometown of Hawthorne was moved out of District 35. Thus, he would need to move in order to run again in the same district.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2007
In 2007, Girgenti was re-elected to the New Jersey State Senate District 35. Girgenti (D) ran unopposed. Girgenti raised $537,624 for his campaign fund.
|New Jersey Senate 2007 General Election, District 35 (2007)|
|John Girgenti (D)||14,265|
In 2007, Girgenti collected $537,624 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|Election Fund of Evans for Assembly||$7,200|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 464A||$5,000|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,675|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Girgenti + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey State Legislature, "Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives," accessed April 10, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of John Girgenti," accessed November 28, 2014
- The Record, "Sen. John Girgenti won't run for re-election," April 5, 2011(Archived)
- Follow the Money, "New Jersey State Senate 2007 general election results," accessed April 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2007 contributions to John Girgenti," accessed November 28, 2014
|New Jersey State Senate District 35
| Succeeded by|
Nellie Pou (D)