John Harris (Alaska)
|Alaska House of Representatives District 12|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Owner, Valdez Industrial Supply|
Harris is the Owner of the Valdez Industrial Supply and a Teamster. He was a member of the Valdez City Council from 1990-1998, serving as Mayor from 1992-1996.
Harris is a member of the Delta Chamber of Commerce, Glennallen Chamber of Commerce, Horizons Unlimited Board, Pioneers of Alaska, Prince William Sound Community College Advisory Board, Saint Francis Xavier Catholic Church, United Way, and Valdez Chamber of Commerce. 
- Armed Services
- Associated Subcommittee on Homeland Security
- Community & Regional Affairs Committee, Alaska House of Representatives
- Legislative Council
- Subcommittee on Court System
- Subcommittee on Law
- Subcommittee on Legislature
- Subcommittee on Public Safety
- Subcommittee on University of Alaska
- Transportation Committee, Alaska House of Representatives
- HB 35 - "An Act relating to notice and consent for a minor's abortion; relating to penalties for performing an abortion; relating to a judicial bypass procedure for an abortion; relating to coercion of a minor to have an abortion; and relating to reporting of abortions performed on minors."
- HB 93 - "An Act relating to unwanted telephone solicitations on a cellular or mobile telephone and making those calls to cellular or mobile telephones registered with the national do not call registry violations of the Alaska Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act."
Harris did not seek re-election in 2010.
In 2008 Harris was re-elected to the Alaska House of Representatives 12. Harris (R) finished with 4,902 votes while his opponent Nancy Lethcoe (D) finished with 1,862 votes. Harris raised $43,297 for his campaign fund.
|Alaska House of Representatives 12|
|John Harris (R)||4,902|
|Nancy Lethcoe (D)||1,862|
In 2008 Harris raised $43,297 for his campaign fund. Five of his top contributors are listed below.
|AK Laborers Local 341||$2,000|
|Alaska Public Employees Local 71||$2,000|
|Southeast AK Seiners||$1,250|
|AK Power Assoc||$1,000|
- Alaska State Legislature - Representative John Harris
- Project Vote Smart - Representative John Harris (AK) legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart - Representative John Harris (AK) bio
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
|Alaska State House District 12
| Succeeded by|
Eric A. Feige