|U.S. House, California, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Hernandez's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Small Business Development
- Excerpt: "Small Business in the US contributes to around ½ of the U.S. GDP and over half of the employment. The 21st District is no different. I will work for the Small Business community in our district to ensure they get their share of resources to help them participate in the inevitable rebound that will take place in the future California economy. "
- High Speed Rail
- Excerpt: "The California High Speed Rail project is the jump start that could help trigger economic recovery in Central California."
- Renewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "I favor the continued development of solar, wind and other green technology in Central California. With the regions abundance of sunny days, the district is in an obvious location for the continued production of renewable energy resources and the manufacturing and service industries that revolve around it."
- 21st Century Job Training
- Excerpt: "Even with the extremely high percentages of unemployment in the 21st District there are far too many instances of companies not being able to find adequately trained employees to fill many of the limited jobs that are available in the area. "
Hernandez is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 21st District. Hernandez is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 3, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Hernandez ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 21st District. He and David Valadao (R) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Blong Xiong (D). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Valadao won.
|U.S. House, California District 21 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||David G. Valadao||57.8%||67,164|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 21, 2012 - John Hernandez Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,315,897|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,181,113|
|Top contributors to John Hernandez's campaign committee|
|Committee for Hispanic Causes-BOLD PAC||$5,000|
|Communications Workers of America||$5,000|
|National Assn of Letter Carriers||$5,000|
|National Education Assn||$5,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$15,000|
|Public Sector Unions||$11,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Hernandez + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Seahawks rally to beat 49ers, advance to Super Bowl against Broncos - Albany Democrat Herald
- Sports Scene: Coral Reef, Key Biscayne yacht clubs shine at Orange Bowl ... - MiamiHerald.com
- Washington Cities Can Block Pot, State's Attorney General Says - Huffington Post
- Lawmakers threaten TSA with private screeners - KSDK
- The Brave New World of Cyberheists - Seattle Weekly
- Soccer Capsules: Union take G Blake with No. 1 pick in MLS draft - Brownsville Herald
- 5 House races to watch in 2014 - CNN International
- 2014: A Banner Year for Legalization of Pot? - RealClearPolitics
- 108 get kick out of FC Tucson open try-outs - TucsonSentinel.com
- Marijuana Prohibition Was Racist From The Start. Not Much Has Changed. - Huffington Post
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 21st Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 21st Congressional District elections, 2012
- California's 21st Congressional District