|Pennsylvania State House District 3|
|2007 - November 30, 2012|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Gannon University, 1970|
|Date of birth||02/13/1947|
|Place of birth||Erie, PA|
Hornaman earned his B.S. in Economics from Gannon University in 1970.
From 1970 to 1972, Hornaman served in the United States Army as a First Lieutenant. He then worked as an Insurance Agent for New York Life from 1972 to 1976. He has been the owner of Creative Wall Finishes since 1976.
Hornaman joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2007. He has served in that position since, representing the 3rd District.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hornaman served on these committees:
- Consumer Affairs
- Environmental Resources & Energy
- Local Government
- Veterans Affairs & Emergency Preparedness
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hornaman served on these committees:
- Environmental Resources & Energy Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Secretary
- Game & Fisheries Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Local Government Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Veterans Affairs & Emergency Preparedness Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Hornaman did not run for re-election in 2012.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 3|
|John Hornaman (D)||17,934||53.5%|
|Regina Smith (R)||10,849||46.5%|
Hornaman raised $126,162 for his campaign, while Owen raised $72,845.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 3 (2008)|
|John Hornaman (D)||17,934||57.1%|
|Jason Owen (R)||13,499||43.0%|
Hornaman raised $85,475 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Citizens To Elect Dwight Evans For State Representative||$15,000|
|House Democratic Campaign Cmte Of Pennsylvania||$8,865|
|Pennsylvania Democratic Party||$8,865|
|Pennsylvania Education Association||$5,500|
Hornaman and his wife, JoAnn, have two children.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Hornaman
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Pennsylvania House spending, 2008," accessed May 2, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2010 campaign contributors to John Hornaman
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 3
| Succeeded by|
Ryan Bizzarro (D)
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |