|Rhode Island House of Representatives 8|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Providence City Council|
|Mayor of Providence|
|High school||Mount Pleasant High School|
|Bachelor's||Rhode Island College|
|Master's||Rhode Island College|
|J.D.||Suffolk University College of Law|
Lombardi earned his B.A. in Social Studies from Rhode Island College in 1975, his M.Ed. in Secondary Education from Rhode Island College in 1982 and his J.D. from Suffolk University College of Law in 1987. His professional experience includes working as an attorney, as legal counsel for the Rhode Island Senate Labor & Corporations Committees from 1989-1992, as a substitute teacher for the Providence School Department from 1975-1980 and as a Social Studies teacher at Notre Dame High School in Central Falls.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lombardi served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Natural Resources|
Lombardi won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 8. He defeated incumbent Michael Tarro and Elizabeth Libby Kimzey in the Democratic primary on September 11. Lombardi was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 8 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michael Tarro Incumbent||12.2%||183|
Comprehensive donor information for John Lombardi is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, John Lombardi raised a total of $29,725 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 31, 2013.
|John Lombardi's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 8||$29,725|
|Grand Total Raised||$29,725|
2012John Lombardi won election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, John Lombardi raised a total of $29,725.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Lombardi's campaign in 2012|
|Pontarelli, Cynthia A||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$29,725|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Lombardi is married to Denise.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Lombardi + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- TGIF: 15 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media - Rhode Island Public Radio
- Political Scene: House Republicans' goal: Boost R.I.'s ranking - The Providence Journal
- R.I. backs off decision to move probation, parole offices to downtown Providence - The Providence Journal
- Small group of protesters rally at Urban League of RI headquarters - The Providence Journal
- Candidates for governor, mayor discuss violence at forum - WPRI-TV 12
- Translucent Sea Creature Catches Fishermen By Surprise (PHOTO) - Huffington Post
- Political Scene: Following the money in lobbyist disclosure reports - The Providence Journal
- Bills on pension legal fees, 38 Studios among measures introduced in 2014 ... - The Providence Journal
- Japan Dolphin Roundup In Taiji Is Largest In 4 Years, Sea Shepherd Says ... - Huffington Post
- 'Journey To The South Pacific' Explores West Papua's Magical Biodiversity ... - Huffington Post
Michael Tarro (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 8
| Succeeded by|