John K. Wilson (New York)
|John K. Wilson|
|Former candidate for|
|New York State Assembly, District 37|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Wilson's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
THE MISSION IS...
- Excerpt: "...to provide the best possible education for the children of our District as well as those in the rest of our City and State..."
- Excerpt: "...to represent the people of the 37th District independent of the entrenched special interests of the United Federation of Teachers, Sheldon Silver, or any other entity that would attempt to purchase, threaten, or coerce the vote of an Assemblyman..."
- Excerpt: "...to add a voice of fiscal common-sense and sanity to what Ed Koch, NY Uprising, The Albany Project, and The Brennan Center for Justice at the NYU School of Law have said is the most dysfunctional and irresponsible State legislature in America..."
- Excerpt: "...to honor a pledge to the people of New York to end gerrymandering. adopt honest budgets according to accepted accounting practices--on time, and to establish an independent Ethics Board to oversee violations..."
- Excerpt: "...to encourage unions to return to their rightful place as the conscience of business--seeking justice for union workers--instead of serving to appease the greed of union officials..."
- Excerpt: "...because Catherine Nolan can't and won't do these things..."
- Excerpt: "...to win. When Catherine Nolan is voted out of the New York Assembly, it won't just be me who wins; all of us will win."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Catherine Nolan was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Walter Iwachiw was removed from the ballot before the Republican primary. Nolan also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. John Kevin Wilson ran as a Libertarian candidate. Nolan defeated Wilson in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 37 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Catherine Nolan Incumbent||92.9%||10,336|
|Libertarian||John Kevin Wilson||7.1%||792|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Wilson ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 37. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He was defeated by incumbent Catherine T. Nolan in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 37, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Catherine Nolan Incumbent||87.8%||24,343|
|Republican||John Kevin Wilson||12.2%||3,384|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Wilson + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 37
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- John K. Wilson on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- New York State Assembly
- John Wilson for NY, "Mission," accessed October 8, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |