|Iowa State Senate District 4|
|President, Iowa State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Iowa State House of Representatives|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1951-1953|
|Birthday||July 14, 1929|
|Place of birth||Emmetsburg, IA|
Kibbie received his high school diploma in 1947. Kibbie served in the United States Army in Korea from 1951 to 1953. He is currently a farmer and has served as Agricultural Advisor to United States Congressmen.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kibbie served on these committees:
- Ethics Chair
- Government Oversight
- Rules and Administration Vice Chair
- State Government Vice Chair
- Veterans Affairs
- Joint Committee on Government Oversight
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kibbie served on these committees:
- Agriculture Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Ethics Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Rules and Administration Committee, Iowa State Senate
- State Government Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Veterans Affairs Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Kibbie did not seek re-election in 2012. He officially tendered her resignation, effective January 1, 2013, on February 1, 2012. Due to redistricting Kibbie was drawn into the same district as David Johnson (R), who was last elected in 2010 and not up for re-election until 2014. Thus, if Kibbie had not resigned, Johnson would have had to stand for re-election two years before the expiration of his term.
On November 4, 2008, Kibbie was re-elected to the 4th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Ken Vaske (Grassroots for Life). Kibbie raised $204,438 for his campaign, while Vaske raised $2,605.
|Iowa State Senate, District 4 (2008)|
|John Kibbie (D)||18,059|
|Ken Vaske (Grassroots for Life)||7,258|
In 2008 Kibbie collected $204,438 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa State Education Association||$37,750|
|Iowa Senate Democratic Majority Fund||$14,108|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$6,000|
|Electrical Workers Local 347||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term John + Kibbie + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Kibbie and his wife, Kay, have six children.
- Sen. Kibbie's Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of John Kibbie
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- John Kibbie on Facebook
|Iowa State Senate District 4
| Succeeded by|
Dennis Guth (R)