|Michigan House of Representatives, District 109|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Mayor of Marquette|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kivela served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Natural Resources|
Kivela's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "What happens when we educate the next generations but our local businesses and industries don’t have jobs for them? We need to focus on developing our infrastructure so that we can ensure our youth have jobs that keep them here to raise their families."
- Excerpt: " We need to have an infrastructure that can handle the additional needs of new and expanding businesses. The Upper Peninsula electrical grid is running very close to its production capacity."
International Port Strategy
- Excerpt: " To make Upper Peninsula business more globally competitive John Kivela has worked with the Department of Homeland Security and the Michigan Governors office to extend Marquette’s International Port Status from the harbor to KI Sawyer Airport."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent John Kivela was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Pete Mackin was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kivela then defeated Mackin in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 109 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||John Kivela Incumbent||65.7%||18,373|
Kivela won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 109. He defeated Tony Retaskie in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Jack Hubbard (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 109, General Election, 2012|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 109 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Kivela is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kivela raised a total of $67,164 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 13, 2013.
|John Kivela's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Michigan State House, District 109||$67,164|
|Grand Total Raised||$67,164|
2012Kivela won election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kivela raised a total of $67,164.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Kivela's campaign in 2012|
|Michigan House Democratic Fund||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$67,164|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Kivela + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Michigan state legislative districts
- Office website
- Official campaign website (Archived)
- Profile from Open States
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Follow the Money profile
- Project Vote Smart profile
- "kivelaforstaterep," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "Unofficial General Election Results as of November 5, 2014," accessed November 6, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Kivela, John," accessed June 13, 2013
Steven Lindberg (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 109
2013 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |