|Alabama House of Representatives District 77|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Alabama State University|
|Profession||Special Assistant to the President, Alabama State University|
Knight currently works as the special assistant to the President of Alabama State University, and previously worked as assistant vice president for Institutional Advancement.
Knight served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Contract Review Oversight Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Health Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Montgomery County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Ways and Means General Fund Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Appropriations
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent John Knight was unopposed in the Democratic primary. David Grimes was unopposed in the Republican primary. Knight will face Grimes in the general election.
Knight won re-election to the 77th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Knight raised $216,351 for his campaign.
In 2010, Knight raised $218,638 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Alabama State Employees Association||$8,500|
|Alabama Road Builders Association||$7,500|
In 2006, Knight collected $216,351 in donations.
Below are Knight's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL State Employees Assoc||$27,728|
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL Nursing Home Assoc||$8,500|
Knight has two children.
He is on the board of directors of a number of organizations, including the Cleveland Avenue Young Men's Christian Association, Family Sunshine Center, Kershaw Young Men's Christian Association, Montgomery Improvement Association, Retired Senior Volunteer Program, and Southern Development Council, Incorporated.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Knight + Alabama + House" John Knight News Feed
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - John Knight
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Knight
|Alabama House District 77
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|