|Utah House of Representatives District 52|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$95/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Knotwell served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
Knotwell's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Government works best when government is open to the people. I encourage you to call me, text me, email me or reach out and follow me on social media. I will actively seek your involvement and encourage your participation in the process."
Keep Utah Strong
- Excerpt: "Utah is consistently rated as one of the strongest economies in the nation. The fuel to the engine of a strong State economy is an educated workforce, low taxation and a limited governmental approach to regulation."
Maintain Fiscal Discipline
- Excerpt: "As economic conditions improve, let’s keep our fiscal State budget in check and increase the State’s rainy day fund to a healthy level. Our heritage is one of frugality and savings. It has served us well and will continue to do so if we honor that legacy."
- Excerpt: "As parents, Jill and I have made the choice to provide our children a public schooling education. As such, I am invested in providing mechanisms for a quality public education system."
- Excerpt: "One of the vital roles of state government is to assist local municipalities with infrastructure needs. As the southwest part of Salt Lake County grows, additional infrastructure will be necessary to promote a thriving local economy."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Daniel Paget was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent John Knotwell was unopposed in the Republican convention. Knotwell defeated Paget in the general election.
|Utah House of Representatives District 52, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||John Knotwell Incumbent||76.5%||6,055|
Knotwell won election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 52. Knotwell advanced past the Republican convention and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Knotwell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Knotwell raised a total of $19,812 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 15, 2013.
|John Knotwell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 52||$19,812|
|Grand Total Raised||$19,812|
2012Knotwell won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Knotwell raised a total of $19,812.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Knotwell's campaign in 2012|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$3,000|
|Salt Lake County Republican Party||$1,295|
|Utah House Republican Elections Cmte||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$19,812|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Planned Parenthood Action Council: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on legislation related to women’s health, access to reproductive health care and education.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills picked by Sutherland that promote conservative policy.
- Parents for Choice in Education: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on the issue of education.
- Utah Sierra Club: 2013/2014 Legislative Scorecards
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to environmental and conservation issues.
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on taxpayer related bills.
- Utahns Against Common Core: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills relating to Common Core reforms.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes in relation to the organization's "mission to defend individual liberty, private property and free enterprise."
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Stuart Adams received an index rating of 86%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Knotwell + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 54
- Official campaign website
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- John Knotwell on Facebook
- John Knotwell on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- johnknotwell, "Official Campaign Website," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor's Office, "Utah 2012 candidate filings," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Knotwell, John," accessed June 15, 2013
- Libertas Institute, "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014
|Utah House of Representatives District 52
| Succeeded by|