|Utah House of Representatives District 52|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$96/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Knotwell served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
Knotwell's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Government works best when government is open to the people. I encourage you to call me, text me, email me or reach out and follow me on social media. I will actively seek your involvement and encourage your participation in the process."
Keep Utah Strong
- Excerpt:"Utah is consistently rated as one of the strongest economies in the nation. The fuel to the engine of a strong State economy is an educated workforce, low taxation and a limited governmental approach to regulation."
Maintain Fiscal Discipline
- Excerpt:"As economic conditions improve, let’s keep our fiscal State budget in check and increase the State’s rainy day fund to a healthy level. Our heritage is one of frugality and savings. It has served us well and will continue to do so if we honor that legacy."
- Excerpt:"As parents, Jill and I have made the choice to provide our children a public schooling education. As such, I am invested in providing mechanisms for a quality public education system."
- Excerpt:"One of the vital roles of state government is to assist local municipalities with infrastructure needs. As the southwest part of Salt Lake County grows, additional infrastructure will be necessary to promote a thriving local economy."
Knotwell won election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 52. Knotwell advanced past the Republican convention and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Knotwell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Knotwell raised a total of $19,812 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 15, 2013.
|John Knotwell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 52||$19,812|
|Grand Total Raised||$19,812|
2012Knotwell won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Knotwell raised a total of $19,812.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Knotwell's campaign in 2012|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$3,000|
|Salt Lake County Republican Party||$1,295|
|Utah House Republican Elections Cmte||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$19,812|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Stuart Adams received an index rating of 86%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Knotwell + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
|Utah House of Representatives District 52
| Succeeded by|