John Lawson (Texas)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Texas State Senate, District 23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||February 7, 1946|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Lawson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "District 23 needs to be the kind of district where investors and job creators will want to do business. We can employ thousands who are now unemployed if we had a more friendly attitude toward business."
- Excerpt: "School Vouchers are educational funding directed toward the individual families rather than the school district. This will provide families with the opportunity to move their child from a low performing school to a higher performing one. Results should be the thing that matters most in the education of our children."
- Excerpt: "The Declaration of Independence states that we are endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I believe that we must protect the life of our unborn children."
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 15 of the 31 seats in the Texas State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Royce West was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while John Lawson was unopposed in the Republican primary. West defeated Lawson and Libertarian Jonathan Erhardt in the general election.
|Texas State Senate, District 23 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Royce West Incumbent||79.4%||99,102|
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2012
Lawson ran in the 2012 election for Texas State Senate, District 23. Lawson ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by Royce West (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas State Senate, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Royce West Incumbent||81.9%||187,407|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Lawson + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas State Senate
- Texas State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- John Lawson on Facebook
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- johnlawsonfor23.com, "Issues," accessed August 14, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 26, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Senate Candidates List," accessed July 26, 2014
- Texas Tribune, "Election Brackets," accessed May 5, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2012 Election and Candidate Information," accessed June 12, 2012