|Board member, Oshkosh Board of Education, At-large|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 1, 2014|
|First elected||April 2008|
Lemberger worked for three years as a public school teacher after completing college. He is currently an Assistant Professor of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. He has taught at the university since 1995.
|Oshkosh Area School District, At-large General Election, 3-year term, April 1, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Barbara Herzog Incumbent||35.2%||7,449|
|Nonpartisan||John Lemberger Incumbent||31.9%||6,746|
|Nonpartisan||Allison Garner Incumbent||31.6%||6,676|
|Source: Winnebago County Clerk, "Election Results," April 1, 2014|
As of February 7, 2014, Lemberger did not report any campaign contributions or expenditures to the district office. State law allows candidates to claim exempt status from campaign finance reporting if contributions and expenditures do not exceed $1,000 during a calendar year.
As of February 7, 2014, Lemberger did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
About the district
- See also: Oshkosh Area School District, Wisconsin
Oshkosh underperformed the rest of Wisconsin in terms of higher education achievement in 2010. The United States Census Bureau found that 22.6% of Oshkosh residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 26.4% for Wisconsin as a whole. The median household income in Oshkosh was $42,938 compared to $52,627 for the state of Wisconsin. The poverty rate in Oshkosh was 17.8% compared to 12.5% for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Lemberger + Oshkosh + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, "Lemberger, John, Ph.D.," accessed February 7, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Campaign Finance Overview: Local Candidates," May 2010
- United States Census Bureau, "Oshkosh, Wisconsin," accessed February 5, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed January 27, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Election Results," accessed February 5, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Oshkosh Area School District Elections|
|Election date:||April 1, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Allison Garner • Barbara Herzog • John Lemberger|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|