|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 75|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Lohrstorfer's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||I offer the people of Grand Rapids a new perspective on how government should function. We can change the current do-nothing environment of conflict and manipulation into one of cooperation and accomplishment by finding common ground. We can reshape the imaginary conflict between special interest big government that feeds corruption and ineffective government that doesn't meet constitutional obligations or provide a social safety net.
Our government must stop seeing us as dependents and revenue streams. It denies our basic dignity and dismisses the hard work we do every day to make ends meet. We must demand our representatives treat us as customers and deliver efficient and effective services. Government is charged to help people in times of hardship and provide a path to success, not enable career politicians to help themselves. We need a new approach to government: one that does a better job, costs less, and keeps out of the way when we have it handled. I call this approach "lean government."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Brandon Dillon was unopposed in the Democratic primary. John Lohrstorfer was unopposed in the Republican primary. Dillon defeated Lohrstorfer in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 75 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Brandon Dillon Incumbent||73.8%||12,393|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Lohrstorfer + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 75
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- John Lohrstorfer on Facebook
- John Lohrstorfer on Twitter
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Friends of John Lohrstorfer, "About," accessed October 14, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |