John M. Rinaldi
|John M. Rinaldi|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Canton Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Canton Board of Education|
Rinaldi currently serves as a representative for Canton on the Stark County Democratic Party Executive Committee.
- See also: Canton City Schools elections (2013)
Rinaldi won election to the board against Eric Resnick in the November 5, 2013 general election.
|Canton City Schools, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||John M. Rinaldi||52.3%||2,838|
|Source: Stark County of Ohio, "Election Summary Report for General Election in Stark County, Ohio," accessed December 13, 2013|
Rinaldi received the endorsement of The Canton Repository on October 19, 2013.
Rinaldi won a second term on the board against Jennifer Keaton and Terrance L. Jones on November 6, 2007. He did not complete this term in office as he resigned in May 2009.
|Canton Board of Education, At-large, November 6, 2007|
|Nonpartisan||John M. Rinaldi||40.5%||7,282|
|Nonpartisan||Terrance L. Jones||27%||4,860|
What was at stake?
Incumbent Richard S. Milligan ran for re-election without opposition for the District 1 seat. Former board members Rinaldi and Eric Resnick sought an at-large seat previously held by board president Nadine McIlwain, who did not file for re-election.
About the district
- See also: Canton City Schools, Ohio
Canton lags behind the rest of Ohio in terms of higher education achievement, median income and poverty rate. The 2010 U.S. Census found that 13% of Canton residents over 25 years old held undergraduate degrees compared to a 24.5% rate for the state of Ohio. Canton had a median income of $30,264 in 2010 compared to $48,071 for Ohio. The poverty rate for Canton was 28.8% in 2010 compared to an 14.8% rate for the rest of the state.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Rinaldi + Canton + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CantonRep.com, "Canton BOE: McKinley Bulldogs excel on field, in classroom," January 5, 2010
- Stark County Democrats, "Executive Committee," Accessed September 11, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Elections & Voting: Campaign Finance," accessed December 23, 2013
- Canton Repository, "Resnick for Canton City board," October 19, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Canton," Accessed September 10, 2013
- Stark County Board of Elections, "Election Results," Accessed September 10, 2013