|Former candidate for|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Mackenzie's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The General Assembly needs to rationalize our entire public education system--regular public schools, charters and vo-techs--and return the primary governance of our schools to the local communities they serve. Our schools struggle in a swamp of state regulation and micromanagement."
- Excerpt: "Our economy will continue to suffer until the GA invests in the smart-growth infrastructure and services necessary attract high-tech employers and private investment. We need legislators who will rebuild voter trust. If we're going to increase the gasoline tax, the revenues must be dedicated to rebuilding the Transportation Trust Fund. If we're going to increase the state minimum wage, we need to show how it will benefit rather than harm our economy."
- Excerpt: "The Governor has proposed a series of water quality initiatives that will benefit all Delawareans, but the GA isn't willing to make the polluters pay for these. We need to reaffirm our commitment to a clean, livable Delaware."
- Excerpt: "As an economist, I understand why US health care costs so much and delivers such mediocre health outcomes. I will fight to reform our state Medicare and Medicaid programs, and push for creation of "patient-centered medical homes" to improve coordination of care."
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. John Mackenzie was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Joseph E. Miro defeated Michael Smith in the Republican primary. Miro defeated Mackenzie and Steven H. Newton (L) in the general election.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 22, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Joseph E. Miro Incumbent||63.3%||5,118|
|Libertarian||Steven H. Newton||2.3%||186|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 22 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Joseph E. Miro Incumbent||56.9%||797|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Mackenzie + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House of Representatives District 22
- Delaware House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Delaware State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- John Mackenzie on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- State of Delaware - Official primary election candidate list
- State of Delaware - Official general election candidate list
- Mackenzie for State Rep, "Issues," accessed October 22, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election results," accessed September 17, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014