|U.S. House, Texas, District 36|
|Mayor of Pasadena|
Manlove is a business owner. He was elected to the Pasadena City Council for four terms and also served two terms as Mayor of Pasadena.
Manlove's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Border Security
- Excerpt: "Our borders are broken on land and on Texas sovereign waters in the Gulf of Mexico. It’s time for action, not words because our national security is at stake."
- Pro-Life and Pro-Traditional Marriage
- Excerpt: "I believe we are created in God’s image and that life begins at conception. I support traditional marriage because marriage is a Covenant from God given to man to create stability in our families and society. After 37 years of marriage, I’m a witness to its wonderful worth."
- Excerpt: "I believe faith-based solutions can solve many societal problems and I favor community-based programs to help people. God is at the center of my life with family, community and country forming a circle that cannot be broken."
- Fiscal Discipline
- Excerpt: "It’s time to put the federal government on a diet and put an end to out of control spending by the Congressional Establishment. Our economy would prosper if these professional politicians reigned in spending and allowed families and businesses to keep more of what they earned."
- Abolish the IRS
- Excerpt: "The IRS is violating the law by specifically targeting and auditing conservative groups. It is time to abolish the IRS – it is too big, too broken, and is nothing more than a tax-gestapo. The money you make belongs to you, not big government bureaucrats or the DC establishment."
|U.S. House, Texas District 36 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|John Manlove (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 29, 2014||$0||$131,391||$(3,795)||$127,595|
Manlove and his wife, Gina, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Manlove + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 36th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 36th Congressional District
- Texas Tribune, "U.S. House elections brackets," accessed January 7, 2014
- Campaign website, "Biography," accessed January 29, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 29, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "John Manlove Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |