Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Dakota House of Representatives District 42|
On his 2012 campaign site, Mitzel outlines his campaign themes:
- "In the last few years, while the rest of the nation has struggled to rebuild their economies, North Dakota has been a beacon of hope: a symbol for the way that government can and should be run. Our history shows that when government is run efficiently and when regulations are constructed thoughtfully – and only when absolutely necessary – businesses respond by creating jobs and the economy prospers. This is the North Dakota way. If I am given the opportunity to serve in Bismarck, I will support University students, who have been forced to bear the skyrocketing costs of tuition and fees. I will work to capitalize on North Dakota’s oil boom by using it as a way to lower taxes for our citizens, yet still maintain a balanced budget. I will fight for pro-business policies that will result in more high-paying jobs for our citizens, a diversified economy that is broad in many sectors, and more young people staying in North Dakota to build their future. I am a Conservative, and if I am elected I will bring conservative values to Bismarck. This is not the time to put the brakes on our economy, we need to ensure North Dakota keeps moving forward."
Mitzel ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota House District 42. Mitzel and Josh Schreiner defeated Mike Peterson in the Republican primary on June 12. Mitzel was defeated by Kylie Oversen and incumbent Corey Mock in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Dakota House of Representatives District 42 Republican Primary, 2012|
On March 2, 2012, Mitzel was cited for underage drinking. Mitzel has taken responsibility and plans to plead guilty. He said he will remain in the race.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Mitzel + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed April 25, 2012
- ↑ North Dakota VOICES - Secretary of State, "Official Results, Primary Election - June 12, 2012," accessed July 23, 2012
- ↑ Crookston Daily Times, "Mitzel, ND legislative candidate, cited for underage drinking," March 16, 2012
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |