For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New Mexico State Senate District 7|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||October 25, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||New Mexico State University|
Woods was selected by Gov. Susana Martinez to fill a vacancy in the State Senate in October 2012, effectively allowing him to take office a month earlier than he would have, as he ran unopposed for the seat in that year's general election.
Woods earned a B.S. in Agricultural Economics and Business Administration from New Mexico State University. His professional experience includes working as a farmer.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Woods served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2015|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Woods served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
Woods ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico State Senate District 7. He ran and won against Mark W. Myers and Angela D. Spears in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Incumbent Clinton Harden (R) did not run for re-election. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Pat Woods Incumbent||100%||12,595|
|New Mexico State Senate, District 7 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Angela D. Spears||45.2%||1,997|
|Mark W. Myers||2.8%||125|
Comprehensive donor information for Woods is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Woods raised a total of $103,545 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 20, 2013.
|Pat Woods's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State Senate, District 7||$103,545|
|Grand Total Raised||$103,545|
2012Woods won election to the New Mexico State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Woods raised a total of $103,545.
|New Mexico State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Pat Woods's campaign in 2012|
|Mark Myers Campaign Fund||$2,300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$103,545|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, first session, was in session from January 15 to March 16. In 2014, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, second session, was in session from January 21 through February 20.
- Animal Protection Voters: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to the state’s wildlife and domesticated animals.
- Conservation Voters New Mexico: 2013-2014 Conservation Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
Woods and his wife, Eva, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Pat + Woods + New Mexico + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Mexico State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Demingheadlight.com, "Governor Martinez appoints Senator," accessed October 26, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed May 12, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 12, 2014(Archived)
- followthemoney.org, "Woods, Pat," accessed May 20, 2013
- New Mexico Legislature, "Session dates," accessed July 9, 2014
Clinton Harden (R)
|New Mexico State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|