Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 38|
|High school||Des Moines North|
|Bachelor's||Northwest Missouri State University|
|Place of birth||Oakland, California|
Phoenix attended Northwest Missouri State University, receiving a Bachelor's degree in both Mathematics and Chemistry.
Phoenix's website highlights the following themes:
- "First-class education is a top goal for my campaign."
- "I stand for a strong middle class and working families. I oppose the excesses and bailouts of large banks and corporations, and I believe that all parties must play by the same rules for our economy to be healthy."
- " I believe that small businesses are a driving force in employment and building a strong middle class. As your representative, I will use my experience to help make Iowa a better place for small businesses to grow and thrive."
- "Since clean air and water are necessary for a high quality of life, and our abundant wildlife generates tourism dollars for Iowa, both must be preserved and protected. "
- "Furthermore, as an outdoorsman, I will vigorously oppose any efforts to infringe on the second amendment rights of Iowans."
Phoenix ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 38. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by District 70 incumbent Kevin Koester (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 38, General Election, 2012|
Phoenix and his wife of 41 years, Diana, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Phoenix + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- GOP Abortion Opponent Realizes That His Own Party's Amendment Helped ... - Huffington Post
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge - MyFox Phoenix
- House Republicans Have 'No Plans' To Shut Down The Government Over ... - Huffington Post
- PHOTOS: Celebrities gone too soon - 10News
- Obama, Democrats Head Into 2014 Distant, Determined - Huffington Post
- Tyler Dunne Packers chat - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- China's Xi Jinping: Hawk Or Reformer? ? Analysis - Eurasia Review
- Iowans Worry About Ethanol's Lost Political Clout - Huffington Post
- Jim Cooper Proposes Ban On Death Gratuity For Lawmakers' Spouses - Huffington Post
- Looking Back: Bondurant compromises with chicken owners in '83 - DesMoinesRegister.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- John Phoenix on Facebook
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |