|Maine House of Representatives District 84|
|2010 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Picchiotti is retired. He is a U.S. Navy Veteran, and achieved the rank of CT3. He has worked as a Media Consultant, ISP Manager, Human Resources Director, Insurance Agent and small business owner.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Picchiotti served on the following committees:
Picchiotti ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 84. Picchiotti ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and was defeated by Karen Kusiak (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 84, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John Picchiotti Incumbent||46.7%||1,977|
Picchiotti's opponents in the November 2 general election were Democratic candidate Robert Sezak, Un-enrolled candidate Paul Tessier, and Independent candidate Aaron Rowden. According to official results, Picchiotti defeated Sezak, Tessier and Rowden in the November 2 general election. Democratic incumbent Edward Finch was not eligible for re-election under Maine's term limits.
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 84 (2010)|
|John Picchiotti (R)||1,616||43%|
|Robert Sezak (D)||1,278||34%|
|Paul Tessier (Unenrolled)||457||12%|
|Aaron Rowden (Common Sense)||275||7%|
In 2010, Picchiotti raised $8,054 in contributions.
His top contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $7,954 to his campaign.
Picchiotti and his wife Carol have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term John + Picchiotti + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- John Picchiotti on Facebook
- John Pichiotti on Twitter
- John Picchiotti on LinkedIn
- Maine Secretary of State "2012 Candidate List" Accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, Official primary results
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Edward Finch (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 84
| Succeeded by|
Karen Kusiak (D)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |