Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 43|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. John Pulasky was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 46 incumbent Clayton Fiscus was unopposed in the Republican primary. Fiscus defeated Pulasky in the general election. Incumbent Duane Ankney (R) ran for District 20 of the Montana State Senate.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 43 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Clayton Fiscus Incumbent||56.3%||1,757|
Prior to the 2014 primary election, Pulasky was removed from his position as a meteorologist for the Northern Broadcasting System, an agricultural radio network, after his opponent, incumbent Clayton Fiscus (R), said he would file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission demanding equal airtime as allowed by law. Northern Broadcasting is owned by state Sen. Taylor Brown (R). Pulasky told the Billings Gazette that he informed Fiscus that Brown would fire him if equal time was demanded, and offered to sign a waiver pledging not to refer to the campaign or Fiscus. Fiscus did not agree to co-sign, instead writing to Brown for equal airtime.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Pulasky + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives District 43
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 11, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Billings Gazette, "Unplugged: Political race costs popular weatherman his job," September 7, 2014
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |