John R. Bradford III
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 98|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Majority Freshman Whip|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Cornelius Town Commissioner|
|Bachelor's||Clemson University, 1996|
|Master's||University of Memphis, 2000|
|Profession||CEO & Founder of Park Avenue Properties|
Bradford served as Cornelius Town Commissioner from 2011 to 2014.
Bradford earned his Engineering degree from Clemson University in 1996 and an Executive M.B.A. degree from the University of Memphis in 2000. His professional experience includes working as a Sales Manager and Sales Executive with IBM Corporation for 10 years, as an Environmental Engineer with ExxonMobil Corporation for 4 years and the CEO & Founder of Park Avenue Properties.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Bradford served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Commerce and Job Development, Vice-Chairman|
|• Public Utilities|
|• Regulatory Reform|
On his campaign website, Bradford said he ran for the following reasons:
- Excerpt: "First, I believe that North Carolina needs legislators who can bring deliberate leadership, business relevance and government experience to their Office. Second, I believe that North Carolina needs continued focus on stimulating our economy, incentivizing business growth/expansion, recruiting new companies, creating new jobs, investing in education, paying competitive salaries to educators, eliminating entitlements to those capable of helping themselves and removing government inefficiencies."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Natasha Marcus was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while John R. Bradford III defeated Lynette Rinker and Sharon Hudson in the Republican primary. Marcus was defeated by Bradford in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 98 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||John Bradford III||55%||14,558|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 98 Republican Primary, 2014|
|John R. Bradford III||59.1%||2,536|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, Bradford's endorsements included the following:
- NC Lieutenant Governor Dan Forest
- NC Senator Dist 41 Jeff Tarte
- Cornelius Mayor Pro-Tem Woody Washam
- Cornelius Commissioner Dave Gilroy
- Cornelius Commissioner Jim Duke
- Chairman of the Mecklenburg County Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors Dempsey Miller
- Former Charlotte Mayoral Candidate & City Council Member Edwin B. Peacock, III
- Former Cornelius Commissioner Jim Bensman
- Former Cornelius Commissioner Jeff Hare
- Former Cornelius Commissioner Bruce Trimbur
- Former Cornelius Mayor Gary Knox
Bradford and his wife, Shea, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Bradford + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Official campaign website
- John R. Bradford III on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website, "Meet John," accessed April 22, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Why John is running?," accessed April 22, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
Thom Tillis (R)
|North Carolina House - District 98
January 1, 2015-present
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |