|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 33|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$173/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||United States Air Force Academy|
|Master's||Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Birthday||December 16, 1948|
|Place of birth||Morganton, NC|
Ragan graduated from the Air Force Academy and earned an M.S. in Aeronautical Studies from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. He has worked as a business consultant. Ragan is a retired Air Force fighter pilot.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ragan served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations, Vice-chair|
|• Insurance and Banking|
|• Government Operations|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ragan served on these committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2011|
Elections for the office of Tennessee House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 7, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Misty Neergaard is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent John Ragan will face Caitlin Nolan in the Republican primary.
Ragan won re-election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 33. Ragan ran unopposed in the August 2 primary election and defeated Jim Hackworth (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John Ragan Incumbent||51.4%||12,828|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 33 General Election (2010)|
|John D. Ragan (R)||8,569|
|Jim Hackworth (D)||7,270|
Comprehensive donor information for Ragan is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Ragan raised a total of $179,631 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|John Ragan's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 33||$132,879|
|2010||Tennessee State House, District 33||$46,752|
|Grand Total Raised||$179,631|
2012Ragan won re-election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ragan raised a total of $132,879.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Ragan's campaign in 2012|
|Tennessee Republican Caucus||$21,000|
|House Republican Caucus||$13,000|
|Tennessee Legislative Campaign Cmte||$7,100|
|Truth Matters PAC||$7,100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$132,879|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Ragan won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Ragan raised a total of $46,752.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Ragan's campaign in 2010|
|Ragan, John D||$13,515|
|Tennessee Legislative Campaign Cmte||$4,739|
|Total Raised in 2010||$46,752|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Ragan and his wife, Elizabeth, have two children. They currently reside in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Ragan + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- John Ragan on the Tennessee State House website
- Profile from Open States
- John Ragan's biography on Project Vote Smart
- John Ragan's biography on the University of Tennessee's government relations website
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Official Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Tennessee General election results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Ragan, John D," accessed June 28, 2013
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |