|Maricopa County Superior Court, Arizona|
|Past position:||Deputy chief staff attorney, Arizona Supreme Court|
|Undergraduate:||Manhattan Christian College, 1973, Kansas State University, 1974|
|Law School:||University of Arizona, 1977|
|Candidate for:||Maricopa County Superior Court|
|Election information 2014:|
John Rea is a civil court judge (Phoenix Division/Tax Court) for the Maricopa County Superior Court in Arizona. He first joined the court in 2004. He was retained on November 4, 2014, for a term that expires on January 6, 2019.
- See also: Arizona judicial elections, 2014
|Rea was retained to the Maricopa County Superior Court with 67.6 percent of the vote on November 4, 2014.|
The Judicial Performance Review Commission provides Arizona voters with an evaluation of each judge up for retention. The commission votes on whether a candidate meets or does not meet the JPR standards. Each judge is assessed on their legal ability, integrity, communication skills, judicial temperament and administrative performance.
The commission voted that Rea met the JPR standards. The vote was 29-0 in favor of retention.
- Main article: Arizona judicial elections, 2010
Read his Judicial Performance Review here.
- 2004-2019: Judge, Maricopa County Superior Court
- 1997-2004: Deputy chief staff attorney, Arizona Supreme Court
- 1984-1996: Staff attorney, Arizona Supreme Court
- 1978-1983: Attorney in private practice
- 1977-1978: Law clerk, Judge William E. Eubank, Arizona Court of Appeals
Awards and associations
- Adjunct professor, Arizona State University College of Law
- Past member, Editorial Board, State Bar of Arizona
- Past faculty member, Arizona Appellate Institute
- Arizona Courts, "John Rea Biography," accessed September 29, 2014
- The Judicial Branch of Arizona, "Maricopa Superior Court Judges," accessed September 24, 2014
- Maricopa County Recorder, "Final Official Results," November 2, 2010
- Judgepedia, “Judicial selection in Arizona,” accessed November 10, 2014
- Arizona Judicial Performance Review, "Judicial Report: 2014," accessed October 2, 2014
- Maricopa County, "November 4, 2014 General Election Final results-Last update: 11/12/2014," accessed December 18, 2014
- Arizona Courts: Judicial Performance Review, "Judicial Performance Standards," accessed September 30, 2014