John Robinson, Alabama Representative
|Alabama House of Representatives District 23|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||Birmingham School of Law|
|Birthday||March 22, 1950|
|Place of birth||Albertville, AL|
Robinson works as a trial coordinator in the Jackson County District Attorney's Office, and runs a beef cattle operation.
He is a member of the Dutton Civitan Club, Jackson County Cattleman's Association, Saint Luke's Episcopal Church, and serves on the board of the Colombian American Service Association.
Robinson served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Children and Senior Advocacy Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Civil Justice
- Subcommittee on Special Order Calendars, Chair
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure, Member
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent John Robinson will face Jim Green in the Democratic primary. James Hanes, Jr. is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Robinson won re-election to the 23rd District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Robinson raised $54,000 for his campaign.
In 2010, Robinson raised $55,328 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|State Employees Association (SEA PAC)||$2,000|
In 2006, Robinson collected $54,000 in donations.
Below are Robinson's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$5,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$2,500|
Robinson and his wife, Mary, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Robinson + Alabama + House + Legislature" John Robinson News Feed
- Section 8 housing tax break and indigent care fund emerge as Mobile County ... - al.com (blog)
- President seeks to reclaim momentum on Obamacare Keep your doctor promise ... - Politico
- State Sen. Shadrack McGill says he may not seek re-election - al.com (blog)
- Texas A&M vs. LSU: 10 Things We Learned in Tigers' Win - Bleacher Report
- City-County Council urges Indiana lawmakers: Kill same-sex marriage ban - Indianapolis Star
- Mobile Press school columns for Nov. 20 - al.com (blog)
- How Black Was JFK's Camelot? - The Root
- Jesse Owens' Olympic Gold Medal To Be Sold In California Auction - Huffington Post
- John Robinson's personal website (Archived)
- Alabama Legislature - John Robinson
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Robinson
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 23
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|