John Robinson, Alabama Representative
|Alabama House of Representatives District 23|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||Birmingham School of Law|
|Birthday||March 22, 1950|
|Place of birth||Albertville, AL|
Robinson works as a trial coordinator in the Jackson County District Attorney's Office, and runs a beef cattle operation.
He is a member of the Dutton Civitan Club, Jackson County Cattleman's Association, Saint Luke's Episcopal Church, and serves on the board of the Colombian American Service Association.
Robinson served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Children and Senior Advocacy Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Civil Justice
- Subcommittee on Special Order Calendars, Chair
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure, Member
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent John Robinson defeated Jim Green in the Democratic primary. James Hanes, Jr. was unopposed in the Republican primary. Robinson will face Hanes in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 23 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|John Robinson Incumbent||60.7%||1,382|
Robinson won re-election to the 23rd District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Robinson raised $54,000 for his campaign.
In 2010, Robinson raised $55,328 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|State Employees Association (SEA PAC)||$2,000|
In 2006, Robinson collected $54,000 in donations.
Below are Robinson's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$5,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$2,500|
Robinson and his wife, Mary, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Robinson + Alabama + House + Legislature" John Robinson News Feed
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- John Robinson's personal website (Archived)
- Alabama Legislature - John Robinson
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Robinson Biography," accessed May 5, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 23
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|