John Rogers, Alabama Representative
|Alabama House of Representatives District 52|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||University of Alabama-Birmingham|
|Bachelor's||Tennessee State University|
|Master's||University of Alabama|
|Birthday||December 16, 1940|
|Profession||President/Photographer, Rogers and Rogers, Inc.|
Rogers currently works as president and photographer for Rogers and Rogers, Incorporated. He is also the director of Minority Affairs, a Public Relations counselor and administrator at the University of Alabama, Birmingham.
Rogers served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Ways and Means Education Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Higher Ed Appropriations
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent John W. Rogers, Jr. defeated Patrick Sellers in the Democratic primary. Phillip Bahakel was unopposed in the Republican primary. Rogers will face Bahakel in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 52 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|John Rogers Incumbent||68.4%||2,640|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 52 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|John Rogers (D)||2,833|
|Frederick Alexander (D)||1,346|
Rogers raised $95,150 for his campaign.
In 2010, Rogers raised $194,794 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$39,131|
In 2006, Rogers collected $95,150 in donations.
Below are Rogers's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|John W Rogers||$19,000|
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|IN PAC Walter Johnson||$5,000|
Rogers and his wife, Jennie, have three children.
Rogers is a member of the Alabama Council of Crime and Delinquency, Alpha Phi Alpha, Associated Photographers Institute of America, Birmingham Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors, Boy Scouts of America, Fourth Avenue Young Men's Christian Association Board of Directors, and Mount Meigs Advisory Council.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of September 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term John + Rogers + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - John Rogers
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- John Rogers on Facebook
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Democratic primary results and runoff candidates," June 11, 2010
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Rogers
|Alabama House District 52
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|