Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey General Assembly District 39|
|1983 - 2010|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1965-1984|
Rooney earned his A.A.A. in Language from Syracuse University in 1963 and his B.S. in Management from Rutgers University in 1974. His professional experience includes working as a sales manager for Tulimieri Associates, as a sales manager for Toshiba Industrial Corporation from 1984 to 2004 and as a sales manager for the United States Electrical Motor and Control Industry (Emerson Electric) from 1965 to 1984. Rooney served as an Airman First Class in the United States Air Force from 1961 to 1965.
- Environment and Solid Waste Committee, New Jersey General Assembly
- Telecommunications and Utilities Committee, New Jersey General Assembly
Rooney's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides an overview of a candidate's views on a number of major issues. Rooney did not provide an answer when asked his top priorities.
- A489 Requires candidates for elective public office to disclose certain criminal records.
- A498 Requires more information be available to the public about contributors to campaign committee whenever the committee contributes to another campaign committee.
- A2854 The "Retrofitted Green Building Tax Credit Act."
- ACR84 Proposes constitutional amendment to provide for Statewide initiative and referendum.
The top five donors to Rooney's 2007 campaign:
- 1. NJ Republican Party $32,727
- 2. DeCroce, Election Fund of Alex $7,900
- 3. Inserra Supermarkets $6,400
- 4. Private Enterprise PAC $3,200
- 5. North Atlantic Properties Inc $2,300
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Rooney + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly
- General Assembly Committees
- New Jersey State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- New Jersey state legislative districts
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Campaign Contributions: 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of John Rooney," accessed December 17, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Assemblyman Rooney-Issue Positions," accessed December 17, 2014
- New Jersey State Legislature, "Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives," accessed April 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2007 Campaign Contributions," accessed December 16, 2014
|New Jersey Assembly District 39
| Succeeded by|
Robert Schroeder (R)
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |