Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, Wisconsin|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 12, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Schiess is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Wisconsin's 7th District. Schiess is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
The University of Virginia's Center for Politics published an article called Sabato's Crystal Ball on March 22, 2012, detailing the eight races in the Senate in 2012 that will decide the political fate of which party will end up with control in 2013. The seat rated a toss-up that the Sabato's Crystal Ball believes could be decided by the party's nomination is the Senate seat in Wisconsin. If former Governor Tommy Thompson (R) can win the Republican nomination and make it to the general election in November, the articles believes he would have a significant edge. According to the article, "Given the current state of these toss ups, it’s not a stretch to think that a Thompson victory in Wisconsin could end up giving Republicans their 51st Senate seat."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Schiess + Wisconsin + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Wisconsin's 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Wisconsin's 7th Congressional District
- Federal Election Commission, "Statement of Candidacy," accessed February 24, 2014
- Hudson, WI Patch "Former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson Files Senate Papers With Federal Election Commission," Accessed January 6, 2012
- Center for Politics "Tilting the Toss Ups – the Eight Races That Will Decide the Senate" Accessed April 9, 2012