|Florida State Senate District 3|
|Birthday||September 16, 1985|
|Profession||CEO, John Shaw Computers, Inc.|
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2012
Shaw ran in the 2012 election for Florida State Senate District 3. Shaw ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Bill Montford (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Florida State Senate, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Bill Montford Incumbent||72.8%||165,634|
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
Shaw did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. He lost to Bill Montford (D) in the November 2 general election. Also running were David H. Abrams (NPA) and Harrison Arencibian (write-in).
| Florida State Senate, District 6 |
2010 General election results
|Bill Montford (D)||99,825||66.98%|
|John Shaw (R)||44,510||29.87%|
|David H. Abrams (NPA)||4,686||3.14%|
|Harrison Arencibian (Write-in)||10||0.01%|
On his campaign website, Shaw lists his views on six "issues that many people deem important." They are:
- Excerpt: "We need to move off of our currently chaotic and unstable system and onto something that we can actually control, such as, perhaps, a flat tax."
- Gun Control
- Excerpt: "The second amendment directly outlines the freedom to bear arms. Gun control is simply another extension of prohibition, of which I do not support."
- Excerpt: "until we can figure out what to do with the people that are already here, illegally, we need to stop allowing more people to come through, and do whatever it takes to ensure that no one does."
- The War in Iraq
- Excerpt: "The common ground we should all agree on is that we need to support the soldiers who are there now, so that they can get the job done and get home as soon as possible."
- The Death Penalty
- Excerpt: "A perpetual cycle of negativity will never solve itself, and to simply kill people is a sickening example of our intolerance to evolve as a society."
- The War on Drugs
- Excerpt: "While I personally believe that prohibition is not the answer to maintaining a society safe from harmful drugs, it is not something I will be campaigning for at this time."
- John Shaw campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile of John Shaw
- John Shaw on Facebook