|North Carolina Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources|
|January 5, 2013 - Present|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Pat McCrory (R)|
|J.D.||University Of North Carolina School of Law|
Prior to being named Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources he served as chief operating officer for Restoration Systems, an environmental mitigation firm. He has also been chief operating officer for The Aviation Group, Inc., managing director of investment banking office in Raleigh, and owner of a Sandhills golf course community.
An attorney by trade, Skvarla founded the firm of Skvarla, Wyrick and Robbins in 1978, where he served as senior partner.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Manhattan College in New York
- Juris Doctorate degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law
Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources (2013-Present)
Skvarla has served as North Carolina Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources since January 5, 2013. He was appointed to this position by Gov. Pat McCrory (R).
Skvarla was appointed as North Carolina Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources by Gov. Pat McCrory (R) on January 6, 2009.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Skvarla + North + Carolina + Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources announces new Office of ... - Mountain Xpress
- State study shows increase in private sector's recycling jobs and businesses - Stanly News & Press
- Sea turtle habitat could affect NC offshore workers - The Virginian-Pilot
- Recycling Industry Jobs in North Carolina Increase - Recycling Today
- New polar bear coming to NC Zoo this month - myfox8.com
- NC's sea-level craziness spreads to Museum of Natural Sciences - CL Charlotte
- Well-connected McCrory appointee's qualifications questioned - News & Observer
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|North Carolina Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources
| Succeeded by|