John Smith (Tennessee)
|U.S. House, Tennessee, District 5|
|Place of birth||Nashville, TN|
Smith’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
The three most important issues I can see are the economy, debt and the assault on freedom from the inside of our republic from people sworn to protect our form of government.
1. On our economy, I will submit bills that will reverse all progressive policies that are against the growth of small business. Small businesses are the back bone of job growth in our economy.
2. Out of control Debt is a cancer to the economic health of our nation, it is not only a threat on our economic system but our national security. Debt is destroying the value of our currency. I will put forth legislation to cut spending on all levels of government.
3. The Assault on Freedom It is the job of the House of Representatives to stand up to an over reaching branch in the separation of powers of our republic. To many times this body has not used its constitutional authority to stop for example, judicial activism that is immoral or ACTIONS THROUGH ORDERS THAT ARE CONTRARY TO OUR CONSTITUTION by the executive branch. But what is dangerous, is when these people yield to foreign influence weakening our nation. I will fight this with every breath in my body once elected! 
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 5 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press|
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 5 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Smith + Tennessee + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Tennessee's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Tennessee's 5th Congressional District
- Tennessee.gov, "Governor, United States Senate, and United States House of Representatives Petitions Filed by Qualifying Deadline," accessed April 3, 2014
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2014
- Big John Smith for Congress, "Home Page," accessed April 9, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results"