|Wisconsin State Assembly District 86|
|January 7, 2013 – present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
Spiros is currently the Vice President of Safety and Claims Management for Roehl Transport. He has been a member of the Marshfield City Council since 2005.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Spiros served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Children and Families|
|• Criminal Justice, Vice Chair|
|• Ways and Means|
Spiros's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Lower Taxes
- More Private Sector Jobs
- Controlling Government Spending
- Protecting Family Values
- Supporting Small Business Owners"
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Wisconsin State Assembly will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Nancy Stencil is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent John Spiros is unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Spiros won election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 86. He defeated Wayne Thorson in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Dennis Halkoski (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 86, General Election, 2012|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 86 Republican Primary, 2012|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
In 2010, Spiros was a Republican candidate for District 70 of the Wisconsin State Assembly. The primary election was on September 14, 2010, and the general election was on November 2, 2010. Spiros was defeated by Democratic incumbent Amy Vruwink in the November 2 general election. He defeated Stephen Zdun in the primary election.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 70 Republican Primary (2010)|
|John Spiros (R)||2,431||50.72%|
|Stephen Zdun (R)||2,361||49.26%|
Comprehensive donor information for Spiros is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Spiros raised a total of $80,449 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 7, 2013.
|John Spiros's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 86||$80,449|
|Grand Total Raised||$80,449|
2012Spiros won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Spiros raised a total of $80,449.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Spiros's campaign in 2012|
|Wisconsin Builders Association||$500|
|Kuehne, Mary Ellen||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$80,449|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Spiros + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Assembly Office Website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website (Archive)
- Spiros on Facebook
- Spiros' profile on LinkedIn
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall Partisan Primary," accessed May 5, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall General Election," accessed May 5, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Spiros, John," accessed June 7, 2013
Jerry Petrowski (R)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 86
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |