For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Washington State Senate, District 37|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Stafford's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Tax Reform (Washington State has the most regressive tax structure in the nation)
- Excerpt: "Repeal of Existing Corporate Tax Breaks (en masse, to extent possible)."
- Excerpt: "Restrictions on New Corporate Tax Breaks."
K-12 Education (Washington State has a low per pupil spending level)
- Excerpt: "Full (and genuine) compliance with the Supreme Court’s McCLeary Decision that calls for a significant increase in funding for public education."
- Excerpt: "Support universal kindergarten and pre-kindergarten."
- Excerpt: "Support Single Payer Health Care System."
- Excerpt: "Support $15 minimum wage in Seattle, with possible eventual extension statewide."
- Excerpt: "Effectively addressing the details is critical. Failure would be costly as this would dampen support for similar efforts nationwide."
- Excerpt: "This is the nation’s primary area of public policy negligence."
- Excerpt: "Support introduction of Carbon Tax (revenue neutral) introduced at the state level (due to the likelihood of prolonged federal inaction)."
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 25 districts in the Washington State Senate took place in 2014. A blanket primary election took place on August 5, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Pramila Jayapal (D) and Louis Watanabe (D) defeated Claude Burfect (D), John Stafford (D), Sheley Secrest (D) and Rowland Martin (R) in the primary. Jayapal defeated Watanabe in the general election.
|Washington State Senate, District 37 General Election, 2014|
John Stafford ran for the Washington House of Representatives District 37b. He was unopposed in the August 17, 2010 primary. He was defeated by Eric Pettigrew in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Washington House of Representatives, District Primary (2010)|
|Eric Pettigrew (D)||15,401||82.73%|
|John Stafford (D)||3,214||17.27%|
In 2014, Stafford's endorsements include the following:
- Renton Chamber of Commerce
- Eastside Golf Club
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Stafford + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington State Senate
- Washington State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- John Stafford on Facebook
- John Stafford on LinkedIn
- Washington State Legislature
- Profile by Vote-USA
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- Stafford for Senate, " Major Policy Positions," accessed July 11, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 5, 2014 Primary Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "Official general election results, 2014," accessed December 2, 2014
- Washington Legislature Official primary results SOS
- Stafford for Senate, "Comments From Colleagues and Personal Endorsements," accessed July 11, 2014