|U.S. House, Georgia, District 12|
Stone was a Republican candidate running for election to the U.S. House of Representatives, representing the 12th Congressional District of Georgia. He declared his bid for Georgia's 12th District seat on February 15, 2013. Stone was defeated by Rick Allen in the Republican primary on May 20, 2014.
The 2014 election was Stone's second attempt to unseat Democratic incumbent Rep. John Barrow, having lost by a landslide to Barrow in the 2008 general election. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Georgia District 12 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
GOP District Caucus
On February 24, 2014, Stone called for a special district caucus to choose a leading Republican candidate to challenge incumbent John Barrow (D) in the general election, rather than a contested primary that could lead to a costly runoff election.
“More candidates almost guarantees you have a runoff scenario. What we need to do in this election is win the seat, not serve our own egos in doing so,"Stone said in a news conference.
|John Stone (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$1,525.79||$0.00||$(167.07)||$1,358.72|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$1,525.79||$23,727.73||$(7,229.69)||$18,023.83|
|Year End||January 31, 2014||$43,552||$67,865||$(69,621)||$41,596|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$41,596||$30,411||$(16,787)||$55,219|
- U.S. House of Representatives
- Georgia's 12th Congressional District
- United States House of Representatives elections in Georgia, 2014
- Associated Press, "Primary election results," accessed May 20, 2014
- Roll Call, "Georgia: House Aide Stone to Challenge Barrow Again in 2014," February 15, 2013
- Augusta Chronicle, "Congressional candidate John Stone calls for district caucus to decide Barrow's challenger," accessed February 25, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "John Stone 2014 Summary reports," accessed November 4, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly" accessed July 29, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly" accessed July 29, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End," accessed May 3, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed May 3, 2014
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |