|Oregon House of Representatives District 42|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Kubasaki High School|
|Bachelor's||Portland Community College, 1978|
|Service/branch||United States Army Reserve/Oregon Army National Guard|
|Profession||Land management consultant, activist|
Sweeney earned his A.S. in Management from Portland Community College in 1978. His professional experience includes working as a consultant at Sweeney, Smiths, and Jones since 1998, as a freelance writer, as a supervisor at Portland Parks and Public Recreation from 1965 to 1997 and as a director at the Multnomah Education Service District from 1979 to 1987. He served as a Captain in the United States Army Reserve/Oregon Army National Guard from 1956 to 1985.
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Rob Nosse defeated John Sweeney, Kathleen O'Brien, Dan Shaw, Don Gavitte and Teddy Keizer in the Democratic primary. Bruce Alexander Knight is running as a Libertarian candidate. Nosse and Knight will face off in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 42 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Sweeney ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Oregon's 2nd District. Sweeney was defeated in seeking the nomination on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was March 6, 2012. Sweeney was defeated by Joyce Segers in the Democratic primary to unseat incumbent Rep. Greg Walden (R).
|U.S. House, Oregon District 2 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Sweeney and his wife, Lynn, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Sweeney + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012
- Oregon's 2nd Congressional District
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 42
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- John Sweeney radio interview
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Information"
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of John Sweeney," accessed April 24, 2014
- Associated Press, "2014 Oregon House of Representatives Primary Results," accessed May 20, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State 2012 Official Primary Results
- Oregonlive.com Accessed May 12, 2012