|North Carolina House of Representatives District 108|
|2010 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Gaston County Commission|
Torbett has been the Vice President of North Carolina Operations for Defense Technologies, Inc. since 2003. He previously worked as a layout specialist and CEO of Corrugated Converting. Torbett served as a Gaston County Commissioner from 2002 to 2010.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Torbett served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations, Vice-chair|
|• Commerce and Job Development, Vice-chair|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs|
|• Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Torbett served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs, Vice-chair|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent John Torbett is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Torbett ran for re-election in 2012. He ran unopposed in the May 8, 2012, Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 108 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John Torbett Incumbent||100%||21,933|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 108 (2010)|
|John Torbett (R)||15,034||100%|
Comprehensive donor information for Torbett is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Torbett raised a total of $39,300 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 4, 2013.
|John Torbett's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 108||$36,600|
|2010||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 108||$2,700|
|Grand Total Raised||$39,300|
2012Torbett won re-election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Torbett raised a total of $36,600.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Torbett's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Medical Society||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$36,600|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Torbett and his wife have one child. They currently reside in Stanley, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Torbett + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- John Torbett on LinkedIn
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- Official North Carolina Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "Torbett, John A" Accessed September 4, 2013
- John Torbett NC House: Bio
|North Carolina House - District 108
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |