|U.S. House, Illinois, District 10|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force Reserve|
|Profession||Colonel in Air Force Reserve and Businessman|
- United States Air Force Academy
- M.B.A. from Chaminade University in Hawaii
- Master's in Economics from the University of Oklahoma.
- 1994-1997: Chief of West Mediterranean Logistics for the 16th Air Force at Aviano Air Base, Italy
- Colonel, U.S. Air Force Reserve
On his campaign website Tree has 11 leading issues that he is concerned about. They are:
- Win-Win Jobs Agenda
- A Woman’s Right To Choose
- Organized Labor
- Senior Citizens
- Gun Control
- LGBT Discrimination
Tree ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Illinois' 10th District. Tree sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline was December 27, 2011, with the primary taking place on March 20, 2012. Incumbent Robert Dold is seeking re-election on the Republican ticket.
Tree and candidates Vivek Bavda and Ilya Sheyman were defeated by Brad Schneider in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. Incumbent Robert Dold ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Dold and Schneider will face off in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 10 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Tree is married to Michelle Tree and they have one child together and are expecting another child in January, 2012. It is a 2nd marriage for both of them, and they each have two children from first marriages who live with them in Long Grove, Illinois. Tree's oldest daughter Stephanie died tragically from an accidental drug overdose in 2011.
- ABC News 7, "Election Results Primary 2012," accessed March 20, 2012 (dead link)
- John Tree for Congress, "About" accessed January 14, 2012
- John Tree for Congress, "Issues" accessed December 30, 2011 (dead link)
- Chicago Sun-Times, "Illinois Ten Democratic primary: John Tree, Air Force reservist, jumps in race" accessed December 5, 2011
- John Tree for Congress, "Meet John Tree" accessed December 30, 2011
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |