|Montana Director of Natural Resources and Conservation|
|January 7, 2013 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 7, 2013|
|Appointed by||Gov. Steve Bullock (D)|
|Place of birth||Helena, Montana|
- 1 Political career
- 2 Appointments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Personal
- 5 Recent news
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- 8 References
Tubbs has served as Montana Director of Natural Resources and Conservation since January 7, 2013.
U.S. Dept. of the Interior (2009-2013)
Montana Conservation Voters (2002-2009)
Tubbs was a member of the board of directors of Montana Conservation Voters (MCV) from 2002 until 2009. He also served as chair of the MCV Political Action Committee.
Tubbs served as Water Resources Division Administrator, Resource Development Bureau Chief and a water resources economist during his term.
- "It's a big change for me, a Montana kid going to D.C.," said Tubbs.
Tubbs was appointed as Montana Director of Natural Resources and Conservation by Gov. Steve Bullock (D) in 2013.
In order to meet a growing water demand for a growing population, the DNRC released their proposed "Montana Water Supply Initiative – 2015" in early 2014. The map below outlines the critical areas Tubbs and the department evaluated for the plan.
Fergus County land swap
In early 2014, David Killam, a Texas businessman, proposed a land swap with the state of Montana. Killam proposed a deal where he would gift the state a 14,505-acre ranch, known as Dana Ranch, and in return be given 14,136 acres of public-school trust parcels that fall on his ranch. After weighing the economic impacts and public opinion, Tubbs announced that he would not pursue the deal. Many believed that the trust parcels were worth more than Killam's ranch.
Tubbs is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Tubbs + Montana + Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- KXLH, "Bullock appoints Tooley to MDT, Tubbs to DNRC," December 13, 2012
- Montana Legislature, "SR 41," April 12, 2013
- Montana Conservation Voters, "MCV congratulates John Tubbs on his appointment to Deputy for the Assistant Secretary of the Interior!," June 11, 2009
- Missoulian, "Montana's John Tubbs headed to D.C. as a top Interior Department official," June 2, 2009
- Bozeman Daily Chronicle, "State drops proposed land swap amid opposition," March 6, 2014 (dead link)
|Montana Director of Natural Resources and Conservation
| Succeeded by|