John W. Forgety
|John W. Forgety|
|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 23|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$173/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||March 28, 1946|
Forgety is a licensed auctioneer and real estate agent. Forgety served for 20 years in the Tennessee Army National Guard.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Forgety served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Education, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Forgety served on these committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Children & Family Affairs|
Forgety ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 23. Forgety ran unopposed in the August 2 primary election and defeated Peggy Hall Wall (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John Forgety Incumbent||75.9%||17,039|
|Democratic||Peggy Hall Wall||24.1%||5,424|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 23 General Election (2010)|
|John W. Forgety (R)||12,231|
Comprehensive donor information for Forgety is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Forgety raised a total of $80,000 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|John W. Forgety's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 23||$54,189|
|2010||Tennessee State House, District 23||$25,811|
|Grand Total Raised||$80,000|
2012Forgety won re-election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Forgety raised a total of $54,189.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John W. Forgety's campaign in 2012|
|Forgety, John W||$2,308|
|Total Raised in 2012||$54,189|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Forgety won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Forgety raised a total of $25,811.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John W. Forgety's campaign in 2010|
|Tennessee Bankers Association||$1,000|
|Forgety, John W||$781|
|Total Raised in 2010||$25,811|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Forgety and his wife, Faye, have two children. They currently reside in Athens, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Forgety + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- The best of Music City: 5 Nashville showcases to see during SXSW - CultureMap Austin
- Saul Zaentz Dead: Oscar-Winning Producer Dies At 92 - Huffington Post
- Rep. Fleischmann Announces Support From Legislators In All 11 Counties Of ... - The Chattanoogan
- Chuck Fleischmann picks up wave of endorsements for 2014 race - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- THE RIVER & THE THREAD - Rockol.it
- John Forgety on the Tennessee State House website
- John Forgety's biography on Project Vote Smart
- John Forgety's biography on the University of Tennessee's government relations website
- John Forgety's official campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- The University of Tennessee, "2010 incoming legislators: 107th general assembly," Retrieved June 13, 2011.
- Tennessee Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Tennessee Department of State - Unofficial primary results
- Unofficial Republican state representative primary results from the TN Secretary of State, 2010
- Tennessee General election results
- Follow the Money, "Forgety, John W," accessed June 28, 2013
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 23
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |